Entry #15

Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:24 AM Posted by Emily Looney
"He tipped the big five-litre bag up and squeezed it so the wine hissed against the back of his throat." [page 161].

This anthropomorphism makes it sound like the wine is actually hissing while in reality that is a human or animal-like action. I like that word much more than personification :]

I feel like this entire story is about drinking. I know I have stated this before but the drinking problem in this story is crazy. I can't say I know anyone who gets up in the early morning and drinks alcohol at breakfast on a daily basis.

Drinking makes them all have more fun. It encourages their crazy behavior and they tend to become more promiscuous. The decent part about their constant alcoholism is that they speak a from a sober heart and they tend to get the truth out. Maybe they feel as if their lives have somewhat been wasted away and they are still dealing with after affects of the war so they decide to constantly get wasted. The lives they live still amaze me.

2 Response to "Entry #15"

  1. Alix Richardson Says:

    This is exactly how I felt of his character! I feel he is just the scrawny annoying friend that no one likes. I also find it interesting how even though they make fun of him and talk about how much they can't stand them, he is always with them... wierd!

  2. Mr. Costello Says:

    check

Post a Comment