Entry #10

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:33 PM Posted by Emily Looney
"It wasn't to kill; it was to hurt." [page 75]

The things we humans do when driven by intense emotion. Scary huh?

It kind of freaks me out when O'Brien describes Kiley killing the water buffalo. He literally tortures a living, innocent animal because he watched his best friend, Curt Lemon, die. Not only did he witness his best friend die, but when he tried to write a heartfelt, compassionate letter to the Lemon's survivors, he is denied any response.

I've never watched someone die. I was there when my grandma died...but I did not actually watch her stop breathing. Death scares me...but not having enough time to live my life before death scares me even more. Lemon only lived for 19 years. I turn 18 in 3.5 days. Talk about scary :/

I'm truly trying to live my life. I don't want to look back and regret one decision I make. Summer Field Study was an amazing experience to be able to expand my little box that I live in. I got to climb a mountain before I'm even allowed to vote! Plus, I hiked more of the Grand Canyon than about three-fourths of the people who visit have even seen. Sure, it may seem insignificant to anyone who didn't experience these wonders...but it sure has made me feel more fulfilled.

So in the words of Rihanna and T.I...

Live your life.

peace ;]

1 Response to "Entry #10"

  1. Mr. Costello Says:

    "Lemon only lived for 19 years. I turn 18 in 3.5 days. Talk about scary :/"

    Wow. I didn't think about the fact that all these characters are the same age as all of you.

    Talk about scary.

Post a Comment